Friday, March 12, 2010

Things That Make Me Happy



Do Hearts Get Any Cuter Than This?


Even though it's a busy time of year right now, I just needed to write something to blast the cobwebs out of the brain and keyboard. Life has been pretty ok for a while, and I've been able to feel more appreciative of good things. So, following is a list of things that I love and appreciate:

-- I love the sound of horses in the barn at the end of the day, eating and moving around, knowing everyone is safe and healthy, especially when we've had a great day of rides or lessons. True contentment.

-- I am enjoying my daughter E's final year in high school. No more bills to pay. Private school was very expensive, but worth every dime.

-- It's great to see E have a plan for her life. She's driven and determined, and knows exactly where she wants to go. I know people older than me who don't know what they want to be when they grow up. I'm really enjoying supporting her plan to get there. I expect great things.

-- I love the smell of hot horse after a big workout. Acrid and sharp, yet clean.

-- Ever been in a hay barn? Only filet mignon on the grill smells better than that.

-- Sharp and witty television shows that make me smile. USA has a lot of them (White Collar, Psych, Burn Notice, In Plain Sight), but I love The Big Bang Theory, The Mentalist, Bones, and As Time Goes By. Fun entertainment written and portrayed by people with working brains.

-- Sushi. Nuf said.

-- Air conditioning in August (or any day above 85 degrees). There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that I was not born one minute too late. How did people survive before this most amazing of inventions? It's right up there with water heaters and hot showers as far as I'm concerned.

-- A really good bra that fits. If you have any kind of chest, you know what I'm talking about.

-- The drone of a small airplane, especially a bi-plane, on a quiet summer afternoon. I loved this sound as a kid, and still do.

-- The opening credits of Top Gun, where Kenny Loggins is singing "Highway to the Danger Zone" and the big fighter jets are coming and going from the aircraft carrier. It's such a testosterone kind of scene, with the roar of the planes and all the male posturing, but it just makes me want to go WOOF! That movie was full of eye candy. Umm umm good.

-- Clean sheets on my giant king-sized bed. Followed by sleeping in on Saturdays.


What's on your list?



No comments:

Post a Comment