Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Things I Need to Comment On, or How the Vast Majority of Sheeple Make Me Crazy




It never ceases to amaze me how people declare their Darwin Award candidacy on a daily basis. Cases in point:

-- One of the Kardashian daughters (I don't care which one) just married an L.A. Laker after the long courtship of ONE MONTH. Yeah. Right. That relationship will certainly see a Silver Anniversary.

-- There are a group of
idiots conservatives out there that have decided that the Bible is too liberal. This is spearheaded by Andy Schlafly, son of longtime idiot conservative Phyllis Schlafly. They are setting up a Wikipedia-type Bible site so other idiots conservatives can edit it to make it "right". I don't even care about the Bible, but don't you have something better to do with your time?

-- Two-timing married politicians. Did you really think no one would ever find out? Did you really think your email is private? Do you really think, if we even remotely had any faith in you before this happened, that we would have a "let bygones be bygones" attitude about this? Just resign already and go back into the hole you crawled out of. We sympathize with your wife, not you.

-- Sarah Palin. Why does anyone give this Darwin Award finalist any press time whatsoever?

-- American Idol. I can proudly say I have never watched one second (literally) of this ridiculous show. When will the insanity end?

-- The Oblivious Drivers. I only say this as I was stuck behind them in traffic for a LONG time yesterday, so they and my frustration with them is really on my mind today.

-- The winner of the Most Influential Man of 2009 award was a FICTIONAL TV CHARACTER. From Mad Men. 1960's. Not a real person. Not the actor, mind you, but his character. Barack Obama was third in the vote. We're going straight to hell in a handbasket, at warp speed.

-- We watch the Dumbest Criminals show on TruTV (or one of those channels). Chock full of utter morons. We saw one stupid criminal get locked in after trying to rob a convenience store, and he was so desperate to get out that he gave the clerk back not only the money he stole, but his $20 allowance as well. The clerk called the cops and his parents. Mensa material, this one.

-- Being a horse trainer, I constantly see people buying the wrong horse, and doing it long before they're ready for horse ownership. I love horses, and they are "it" for me, but horse ownership is intensive, everyday work. Just because you saw "The Black Stallion" when you were 12 and think horses are beautiful, does not mean you know how to be a horse owner. I see these people who feel they have a magical bond with horses, so they MUST know how to take care of them by instinct alone. NOT TRUE. Get help. Get help now and for at least a year or more. Then we'll see if you really want to buy and own a horse. The main problem with these people is that the one who pays the price for the owner's ignorance is the horse. This principle applies to most other animals and children as well. I hate to see the most vulnerable ones pay the biggest price.

Those are my comments for today. Got anything to add?


2 comments:

  1. Just this: I sat next to an extremely drunken woman at a gathering recently who started in on "how we are paying the bills for all these bailouts and all these people who are home with no jobs and it just ain't right. And now we're supposed to just give 'em all free healthcare, too." And how she and her husband "can't even afford decent healthcare right now." So I--because it was a Husband Work Thing and she was hammered--simply nodded sympathetically. She continued: "I mean, I'm on my fourth year of unemployment now, so I'm doin' okay, but my husband is really workin' hard to support us, you know!?"

    It was all I could do not to smack the crap out of her or shoot her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed with your restraint. I would have probably poured my drink over her head and lit it. Except that I hate to waste a perfectly good cocktail... what a jackass.

    I also have an issue with illegal aliens. Especially the ones that think that "however long I've lived here" means that the law you broke to come into this country simply doesn't apply to you after that amount of time. They see the wrong in theft and assault and murder, and get that the people who break those laws should be subject to punishment. But apparently the immigration laws don't really apply if you don't want them to. My favorite is when there are demonstrations where people demand rights for illegal aliens and get really nasty when the general public is not supportive. You're ILLEGAL--you have no rights. What part of that set of laws is not clear to you?

    ReplyDelete